*** ACCOMMODATION NEWS ***
The 4 cottages at John Henry's - Prawn Palace, Oyster Shack, Herring Row and Mussel Beach - will be closed from Monday December 17th, 2018 until Thursday January 17th, 2019.
We are currently offering a Winter 2-night special rate of $125/night + applicable taxes. Available until March 31st, 2019. Offer only valid for bookings made by calling (604) 883-2336 ext. 1 or via the John Henry's website.
*** THE WINTER CAFETERIA AT JOHN HENRY’S ***
We offer a variety of self-serve gourmet sandwiches, hot soups, chili and baked goods for take-out or eat-in.
- Tuesdays through Saturdays 10am to 6pm
Daily choice of:
- Freshly-baked goods
- Freshly-made sandwiches with a self-serve tray of fresh cut tomato, red onion and cucumber, pickles, and banana peppers
- Hot soup of the day
- Fresh-baked baguettes (pre-order or a short wait)
Group orders of food and coffee are also available. Place your order by 6pm the day before via the General Store - in person or by calling (604) 883-2336 ext. 2.
*** JOHN HENRY’S GENERAL STORE FALL/WINTER HOURS ***
Our store hours are now 10am to 6pm, 7 days a week. Please note: We will be closed Thursday January 31st for inventory-taking.
*** JOHN HENRY’S FUEL DOCK WINTER HOURS ***
Our fuel dock hours are 10am to sunset, 7 days a week.
Current Fuel Dock Prices (as at December 3rd, 2018):
(all prices are per litre, including applicable taxes):
Mid-Grade - $1.609
Diesel - $1.549
50:1 - $1.750
Welcome to John Henry's Marina & Resort! We're delighted to share our beautiful location with you.
In the summer of 2015 two Garden Bay businesses, Fisherman's Resort & Marina and John Henry's Marinas, were combined and renamed "John Henry's", to signify the longevity of this Garden Bay institution. John Henry's is indeed the centre of the Garden Bay area of Pender Harbour.
John Henry's is a full service marina & resort. We have:
- A unique country General Store (open 7 days a week year round) that includes a liquor store, fresh produce & groceries, an ATM, propane, bait, ice (party and block, made on-site), gifts and fishing & boating supplies - and our famous ice cream. If you need store or fuel dock information, please call 604-883-2336, Ext. #2. Current store hours (beginning Sept. 24th, 2018) are: 10am to 6pm. The fuel dock closes at 5.30pm during the Fall/Winter season.
- Four comfortable, cozy oceanfront cottages, which are now available year round. We also offer a fully-furnished 3-bedroom oceanfront vacation rental house, plus a 1-bedroom self-contained garden suite and 1-bedroom studio loft, all located on the property above the marina. For more information about our accommodation options, please call 604-883-2336, Ext. #1.
- 2,300 lineal feet of docks for transient, seasonal and long-term moorage in a deep water, sheltered harbour. On-site facilities for mariners, including washrooms with showers, laundry, fresh water, garbage & recycling. To book space in our marina, please call 604-883-2336, Ext. #1. Please note: Moorage reservations are strongly recommended in July and August to avoid disappointment. You can also email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Café at John Henry's. Our licensed 40-seat oceanfront café has indoor and outdoor seating. As of Sept. 25th, 2018, it is closed for the Fall/Winter season, and will re-open in late April/early May, 2019.
We’re excited to share our John Henry’s video. It provides a great overview of our property and will as well give you a great sense of the beauty of our location in Pender Harbour. Enjoy!
You are now able to book accommodation through our website. If you would like more information about our accommodation options, including moorage in the marina, or would like to make a phone reservation for our accommodations, please call: 604-883-2336, Ext. 1. Our office hours are generally 9am to 5pm, 7 days a week. Please note that if we are assisting moorage clients arriving at the marina or are cleaning cottages or the house, we may not be able to answer the phone, but we will get back to you.
We look forward to welcoming you to John Henry's. We're located in one of the most beautiful harbours in British Columbia.
Ext 1: Marina & Resort office
Ext 2: John Henry's General Store
Ext 3: Cafe at John Henry's