For Moorage Reservations please call: 604-883-2336, Ext. 1
You can also email: firstname.lastname@example.org
John Henry’s Marina is located near the entrance to Pender Harbour, in beautiful Garden Bay BC. We are ideally located to serve mariners travelling north and south making visits to: Princess Louisa Inlet, Desolation Sound, the Broughtons or travelling further to Alaska.
We are a large privately-owned marina. Our location offers both shelter and solitude. We’re also located close to fishing and crabbing grounds.
The marina can accommodate small vessels to larger vessels to a maximum of 150 feet. It features 31 slips, ranging in size from 15 to 70 feet, and also has a long, 400 foot long dock suitable for larger vessels, plus other alongside dock space.
We offer substantial transient as well as limited seasonal and annual moorage. During our busy summer season, and especially in July and August, we highly recommend reservations because there are many days when our transient moorage space is completely sold out. Limited overflow space may be available on our fuel dock for short overnight stays only.
When you’re near the entrance to Pender Harbour, please hail us on 66A so we can provide your slip assignment.
2020 Transient Moorage Rates (plus 5% GST)
Summer season - weekends and weekdays
(June 19 - Sept 20, 2020)
Vessels up to 49 feet overall: $1.75 per foot
Vessels from 50 to 70 feet overall: $1.95 per foot
Vessels from 71 to 150 feet overall: $2.65 per foot
Summer season - long weekends (Friday, Saturday, Sunday & Monday)
(for all long weekends from May 15 through Sept 8, 2020)
(Victoria Day, May 15-18; Canada Day, July 3-6; August BC Day Holiday, July 31-Aug 3; Labour Day Sept 4-7)
Vessels up to 49 feet overall: $1.90 per foot
Vessels from 50 to 70 feet overall: $2.10 per foot
Vessels from 71 to 150 feet overall: $2.95 per foot
Shoulder Season (April 10 - June 18 & Sept 20 - Oct 31, 2020)
Vessels up to 49 feet overall: $1.45 per foot
Vessels from 50 to 70 feet overall: $1.65 per foot
Vessels from 71 to 150 feet overall: $2.25 per foot
Winter Season (October 1 - April 1, 2021)
$1.25 per foot, regardless of vessel length
Group Discount - for pre-booked groups of 7 or more vessels arriving together:
We're keen to encourage yacht club members and other boating groups to experience John Henry's marina & hospitality.
Take $.20 off per foot for group arrivals - January 1 through June 18
(excluding the Victoria Day weekend) and November 1 to December 31, 2020
Take $.10 off per foot for group arrivals - June 19 through October 31, 2020
NOTE: Group discounts do not apply during high season long weekends.
2020 Transient Power Rates (plus 5% GST):
30 AMP: $10.00 per night
50 AMP: $15.00 per night
NOTE: When you reserve transient moorage space please ensure you also advise the level of power you will need.
2020 Garbage & recycling fees:
For vessels up to 49 feet overall: $2.00 per day, plus 5% GST.
For vessels from 50 to 150 feet overall: $4.00 per day, plus 5% GST.
Our Marina Amenities Include:
- Adjacent fuel dock, serving ethanol-free mid-grade gas and diesel. Moorage guests receive a $.03 per litre fuel dock discount. Boaters are responsible for advising our staff they are moorage guests.
- Shore power, including 30AMP and 50AMP services
(A substantial dock power upgrade was completed in mid-October 2017);
- Washrooms with private showers close to the head of our dock ramp;
- Complimentary WiFi;
- Self-service coin-operated laundry - available from 10am through 7:00pm during summer months;
- John Henry’s General Store offers groceries, produce, dairy, gifts, books, fishing tackle and other boating supplies, ice (cube or block), propane, nautical charts and related guidebooks, a fully-stocked liquor store with beer, wine and spirits and much more;
- Our waterfront Café at John Henry’s (located inside John Henry's General Store) offers delicious food service on a seasonal basis;
- We have very limited parking for mariners’ guests. If vehicles need to be left overnight we charge $10.00 per day and must retain a set of keys in case the vehicle needs to be moved.
Additional information about the marina can be found in our FAQs here.
Marina & Resort current hours:
9am to 5pm, Monday - Friday. The office is closed on weekends.
Please note: Our physical office is now closed until April 2020.
Vessels and Accommodation Guests arriving during the off-season should check in at John Henry’s General Store between 10am and 6pm.
Latitude: 49° 37.9’N
Longitude: 124° 2.02’W
Charts: 3512 and 3535
Check-out: 12:00 Noon
Late check-outs and early check-ins may be accommodated, depending solely on availability.