For Moorage Reservations please call: 604-883-2336, Ext. 1
John Henry’s Marina is located near the entrance to Pender Harbour, in beautiful Garden Bay BC. We are ideally located to serve mariners travelling north and south making visits to: Princess Louisa Inlet, Desolation Sound, the Broughtons or travelling further to Alaska.
We are a large privately-owned marina. Our location offers both shelter and solitude. We’re also located close to fishing and crabbing grounds.
The marina can accommodate small vessels to larger vessels to a maximum of 150 feet. It features 31 slips, ranging in size from 15 to 70 feet, and also has a long, 400 foot long dock suitable for larger vessels, plus other alongside dock space.
We offer substantial transient as well as limited seasonal and annual moorage. During our busy summer season, and especially in July and August, we highly recommend reservations because there are many days when our transient moorage space is completely sold out. Limited overflow space may be available on our fuel dock for short overnight stays only.
When you’re near the entrance to Pender Harbour, please hail us on 66A so we can provide your slip assignment.
2018 Transient Moorage Rates (plus 5% GST)
Summer season - weekends and weekdays
(May 16 to Sept. 30, 2017)
Vessels to 80 feet overall: $1.65 per foot
Vessels over 80 feet overall: $2.25 per foot
Summer season - long weekends (Friday, Saturday and Sunday)
(Victoria Day, Canada Day, August Civic Holiday, Labour Day)
Vessels to 80 feet overall: $1.80 per foot
Vessels over 80 feet overall: $2.50 per foot
Shoulder season (Jan 1 to May 15 & Oct 1 to Dec 31)
$1.45 per foot, regardless of vessel length
NEW FOR 2018 - Group Discount - for pre-booked groups of 7 or more vessels arriving together:
We're keen to encourage yacht club members and other boater groups to experience John Henry's marina & hospitality.
We offer a stunning setting which deserves your special consideration. Hold a potluck dock party next to your boats or ask us to gather picnic tables into a central area for your get together. The Cafe at John Henry's is open April through mid-October. Our Chef would be happy to discuss a group meal with you - order off our current menu or ask for something special to be prepared!
Take $.20 off per foot for group arrivals - January 1 to May 15 and October 1 to December 31, 2018
Take $.10 off per foot for group arrivals - May 16 to September 30
NOTE: Group discounts do not apply during high season long weekends.
2018 Transient Power Rates (plus 5% GST):
15/20 AMP: $5.00 per night
30 AMP: $10.00 per night
50 AMP: $15.00 per night
NOTE: When you reserve transient moorage space please ensure you also advise the level of power you will need.
2018 Garbage & recycling fee:
$2.00 per day, plus 5% GST.
Our Marina Amenities Include:
- Adjacent fuel dock, serving ethanol-free mid-grade gas, diesel and 50:1 fuels. Moorage guests receive a $.03 per litre fuel dock discount. Boaters are responsible for advising our staff they are moorage guests.
- Shore power, including 15/20AMP, 30AMP and 50AMP services
(A substantial dock power upgrade was completed in mid-October 2017);
- Washrooms with private showers close to the head of our dock ramp;
- Complimentary WiFi;
- Self-service coin-operated laundry - available from 8:30am through 7:00pm during summer months;
- John Henry’s General Store offers groceries, produce, dairy, gifts, books, fishing tackle and other boating supplies, ice (cube or block), propane, nautical charts and related guidebooks, a fully-stocked liquor store with beer, wine and spirits and much more;
- Our waterfront Café at John Henry’s (located inside the General Store) serves breakfast, lunch and dinner through the summer season, generally following our General Store's summer hours of 8am to 9pm (last service for dinner is usually 7:45pm);
- We have very limited parking for mariners’ guests. If vehicles need to be left overnight we charge $10.00 per day and must retain a set of keys in case the vehicle needs to be moved;
Additional information about the marina can be found in our FAQs here.
Marina & Resort current hours:
9:00am to 6:00pm
Please note: Our physical office is closed until April 1, 2018.
Vessels and Accommodation Guests arriving during the off-season should check in at John Henry’s General Store during the above hours.
Latitude: 49° 37.9’N
Longitude: 124° 2.02’W
Charts: 3512 and 3535
Check-out: 12:00 Noon
Late check-outs and early check-ins may be accommodated, depending solely on availability.