John Henry’s marina is located near the entrance to Pender Harbour, in Garden Bay BC. We are ideally located to serve mariners travelling north and south from visits to: Princess Louisa Inlet, Desolation Sound, the Broughtons or travelling further to Alaska.
We are the largest private marina in Hospital Bay, Pender Harbour. Our location offers both shelter and solitude. We’re also located close to fishing and crabbing grounds.
The marina can accommodate very small vessels to larger vessels to a maximum of 150 feet. It features 31 slips, ranging in size from 15 to 70 feet, and also has a long, 400 foot long dock suitable for larger vessels, plus other alongside dock space. We offer substantial transient and limited seasonal and annual moorage. During our busy summer season, and especially in July and August, we highly recommend reservations because there are many days when our transient moorage space is completely sold out.
When you’re near the entrance to Pender Harbour, please hail us on 66A so we can provide your slip assignment.
2017 Transient Moorage Rates (plus taxes, 5% GST)
Summer season (May 16 to Sept. 30, 2017): $1.65 per foot
Shoulder season (Jan 1 to May 15 and Oct 1 to Dec 31): $1.25 per foot
Winter rates: $20.00 per boat per night, regardless of length
Transient Power Rates (plus taxes, 5% GST):
15/20 AMP: $5.00 per night
30 AMP: $7.50 per night
50 AMP: $12.50 per night
When you reserve transient moorage space please ensure you also advise the level of power you will need.
Garbage & recycling fee:
$2.00 per day, plus 5% GST
- Our adjacent fuel dock, serving mid-grade gas, diesel and 50:1 fuels, plus a fuel dock store that offers ice, cold beverages and snacks, fishing supplies, and other boaters supplies;
- Shore power, including 15/20AMP, 30AMP and 50AMP services (We are in the process of a substantial upgrade, which we hope to have completed before July 1, 2017);
- Restrooms and showers close to the head of the dock ramp;
- Complimentary WiFi;
- John Henry’s General Store, offers groceries, produce, dairy, charts, fishing tackle and other boating supplies, ice (cube or block), propane, nautical charts and related guidebooks, a fully-stocked liquor store with beer, wine and spirits, giftware and much more;
- Our waterfront Café at John Henry’s (located inside the General Store) serves breakfast, lunch and dinner through the summer season, generally following our General Store hours of 8am to 9pm (last service for dinner is usually 8pm);
- Self-service coin-operated laundry – available from 8:30am through 8:00pm during summer months;
- We have very limited parking for mariners’ guests. If vehicles need to be left overnight we charge $10.00 per day and must retain a set of keys in case the vehicle needs to be moved;
Additional information about the marina can be found in our FAQs here.
Marina & Resort Summer office hours:
8:30am to 6:00pm
Vessels arriving during the off-season should check in at John Henry’s General Store.
Latitude: 49° 37.9’N
Longitude: 124° 2.02’W
Charts: 3512 and 3535
Check-In: 12:00 Noon
Late check-outs and early check-ins may be accommodated, depending solely on availability.