Power Boat Rentals
We have one power 16 foot KingFisher Falcon power boat (purchased new in 2017), equipped with a 60HP engine. Some specific features include
- Starboard cooler seat bench;
- Bow fish locker;
- Rod storage for up to 6 fishing rods;
This boat is ideal for exploring the intricate group of bays and over 60 kilometers of shoreline within Pender Harbour. Whether you want to go fishing (crab, prawns, ling cod, salmon are just some of the seafood available in or easily accessible from the harbour), sightsee or just relax out on the water, there is plenty to do.
Our power boat comes equipped with all Coast Guard required safety equipment, including life jackets.
2019 Power Boat Rental Rates:
(all prices are subject to tax, which include 5% GST and 7% PST)
2 hours - $200.00 **
Half Day: 4 hours - $300.00
Full Day: 8 hours - $425.00
** 2-hour rentals are available pending prior longer bookings.
The boat is available for rent from 9:00am, 7 days a week. The boat must be returned no later than 7:00pm or no later than 30 minutes before sunset. Fishing gear is not included.
Add a crab trap to your rental. We include the trap, marker buoy and rope:
Small - $20 per rental
Large - $30 per rental
To reserve your power boat rental, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 604-883-2336, Ext. 1, during office hours.
Your safety is our first priority.
Before departing in your boat, our staff will provide dockside instruction and ensure the competence of both the captain and crew. Each boat is equipped with all the required safety equipment, including life vests for all boaters. You must carry a cell phone with you both so we can reach and so that if you have any difficulties you can call us.
Power Boat Rental Requirements:
- Renters must be 21 years of age;
- You must have a valid Credit Card and Government-issued photo identification;
- Each renter is required to sign a Release of Liability, Waiver of Claims, Assumption of Risks and Indemnity Agreement;
- The primary renter must have a Pleasure Craft Operator Card (PCOC). This card is required to legally operate all motor types on watercraft in Canada. If you arrive without this card and have little to no boating experience, you will not be able to rent our power boat. At the sole discretion of our Marina & Resort Staff, visitors from outside Canada may be accepted as renters providing they can demonstrate sufficient boating experience and successfully complete our dockside checklist;
- Deposit required – A $500 pre-authorization of your credit card is required to rent a boat. Or you can pay $800 cash or by debit. The deposit will be returned when the boat is brought back and it has been examined to ensure no damage has been sustained;
- A rental boat safety checklist must be completed by Marina personnel with the renters, prior to departure. Please allow at least 15 minutes to complete this procedure. Your rental time commences once the procedure has been completed;
We reserve the right to cancel booked rentals due to adverse weather conditions.
- Waiver document
- Pleasure Craft Operator Card: http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/marinesafety/debs-obs-paperwork-paperwork_operator-360.htm?campaign=Twitter-eng&WT.mc_id=tc35a
- For those wishing to fish, your fishing license can be purchased online here: http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/rec/licence-permis/index-eng.html. Please note that fishing licenses are now available online only. We maintain a computer in the John Henry’s Marina & Resort office with a link so you can also purchase your license there, and print it out prior to your rental.